Endel is one of the most futuristic technology apps that I discovered. After claiming that they provide personalized sound environments to help people focus, relax, and sleep, I downloaded the apps and started using them. The most interesting part of the app is that they stream music based on circadian rhythms, pentatonic scale and sound masking like time of day, weather, heart rate, and location. So the app generates soothing sounds with the data it gets from the devices.
They have been rewarded as Apple Watch App of the Year with the claim that they are the first company to create a way to generate stress-reducing sounds on a smartwatch algorithmically.
My Endel.io Review
I’ve purchased the app and subscribed for 1 year. After that, I set up the app on my desktop, mobile and watch.
- The sleeping function worked perfectly, but I am not sure if that worked well because of the app. I always love soft & gentle sound while I sleep.
- All the apps have a minimal and perfect UI, and it is easy to use.
- Setting time is a perfect feature to focus on while you work or study. It reminded me of the Forest app but with a streaming background.
- You can select different modes like deep work, chill, self-care, study, meditate, power nap, read, chores, create, workout, yoga and commute sounds. All these selections generate different soundscapes.
- One of the interesting thing about the app is it follows current energy levels. It changes the sound when it rises and fade.
- If you wonder about the science behind the app, you should visit Endel.io Science.
They claim: “Endel’s Focus soundscape has been validated using the Experience Sampling Method by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi*. It showed a 6.3-time increase in concentration and a 3.6-time decrease in anxiety. We are currently partnering with sleep science company SleepScore Labs to improve our Sleep soundscape.”
Here is a quick video about how Endel.io works
Endel.io Promo Code
You can try Endel by downloading it from the App Store. Endel is available on Apple Watch, Mac, iPhone and iPad, in addition to Android smartphones.
You can use the 86806OE code for a 1-month free subscription.